FAQs - What's the Tea?
Are your mugs safe to use?
Yes! Absolutely! All the materials I use are completely food safe and lead free. All my wares are food safe unless otherwise noted but I’ve yet to make something that has been noted. My wares are also dishwasher safe (top rack preferred) and if there are not any metallic details they can go in the microwave.
Do you do custom orders?
Sometimes! During peak holiday seasons I am usually pretty slammed trying to keep up with wholesale, web shop updates and pop up inventory but I might have a mug to spare! I am always totally ok with messages or emails inquiring and I will definitely let you know if I can make it happen for you!
Can I carry your work in my store?
Perhaps! I am pretty content with my small ClayByTay army of galleries that I am currently in but I would love to chat about new possibilities. I can accommodate wholesale or commission contracts. Email or contact me for more information to see if we would be a good fit!
Where can I purchase your work?
You can purchase my work online or locally at:
- Urban Matter in St. Louis, Missouri
- RF Home Co in Kirkwood, Missouri
- Passiglia's Nursery in Wildwood, Missouri
- Poppy in Columbia, Missouri
- Tin Roof Gift Shop in Columbia, Missouri
- Cousin Paul's Tattoo - appointment only, St. Louis, Missouri
- The Mark Twain House in Hannibal, Missouri
- The River Boat STL on the Mississipi River in St. Louis
- Sparrow and Mason in Kimmswick, Missouri
How do you get the images on there?
I use a waterslide decal transfer process! All the decals are printed on special ceramic decal paper with a printer with iron in the toner. I design all the images myself in photoshop and then create and print the decals myself. They get fired to a temperature so they melt into the glaze creating a permeant image. The floral imagery are commercial china decals that I buy in bulk from various ceramic shops.